Once you have registered for the Motorcycle Ride for Autism, you may also collect pledge’s from anyone who would like to donate to the Autism Society, Newfoundland Labrador through your participation in the ride! Pledge sheets are available for download and printing here:
- St. John’s – Motorcycle Ride Pledge Sheet 2015
- Clarenville – Motorcycle Ride Pledge Sheet 2015
- Grand Falls Windsor – Motorcycle Ride Pledge Sheet 2015
- Corner Brook – Motorcycle Ride Pledge Sheet 2015
You can also create an online pledge sheet using Canada Help’s Giving page services! This will allow your donors to donate safely and securely online via credit card with Canada Helps.
Do you have friends or family who want to support you but they are living out of province? Have them donate online! Have a large group of Facebook friends who will support you? Post the link to your personal online Pledge sheet and ask them to donate! All online donors will receive an instant tax receipt in their email from Canada Helps, and the pledge sheet can still be calculated towards your total amount raised.
Just follow these easy steps (You may want to print this page before starting)
1. Click on “Fundraise” at the top of the page
2. Click on “Create your fundraiser now”
3. Log into the Canada Helps website either by creating an account with Canada Helps, OR by using your Facebook, Google, or Yahoo! Log in information.
4. Search for a charity for your fundraiser. In this case, search for “Autism Society of Newfoundland and Labrador”. Our profile will pop up, and you can click the “Add” button next to our name.
5. Select the fund you want your donations to go toward. This includes Avalon, Eastern (Clarenville and area), Western (Corner Brook, West Coast, Northern Peninsula and Labrador) or South Central (Grand Falls Windsor and area). Pick the fund based on what Motorcycle Ride for Autism event you are taking part in.
6. Select the type of fundraiser: we recommend either “None” or “Personal Challenge”
7. Enter the title of your fundraiser. A good suggestion would be to put “(Your Name’s) Motorcycle Ride for Autism 2015 Pledge Sheet”
8. Set the start date and the end date for the pledge sheet. We recommend making the end date one week AFTER the event takes place. For example; if you are taking part in the St. John’s Ride for Autism on Sunday July 26, have your pledge sheet expire on Saturday August 2. This will help ASNL better track all the online donors who have participated.
9. Enter your fundraising goal.
10. Enter the name of the page owner.
11. You can choose whether or not to activate the following two options:
a) Make the list of received donations visible to all visitors to my page.
b) Send me an email each time someone makes a donation to my fundraiser
12. Enter a personal message for your fundraiser
13. Click “Create fundraising page”
14. You can upload pictures or videos to your page if you like. Follow the instructions on the next Canada Helps page to do so.
15. Congratulations! Your online Pledge sheet is ready! Canada Helps will display a website link to your online pledge sheet page that you can share with friends and family by email, facebook, twitter, etc. This site is completely safe and secure, as guaranteed by Canada Help’s. (Click here for Canada Help’s Security and Privacy Information)
When registering for the Ride for Autism in your area, please be sure to let the organizers know if you have created an online pledge sheet, and they will add the total money raised online to any other money you bring in.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Autism Society Newfoundland Labrador by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 709-722-2803.